Tuesday, January 05, 2021

The Coronavirus Pandemic is still the big news story of 2020 and January 2021

 By SJ Otto

Now that a vaccine is available, I will get one—eventually. I have no plans to sit outside someplace and wait over two hours to get that shot. I’m too old to sit there and wait for any kind of medical action. If it is about an hour or less, fine—it could even be about an hour and a half.  But not several hours.

I’m used to wearing a mask by now when I go to a store. I have rarely gone to bars since this pandemic started. But Kirby’s is the only regular place I used to go that practices masks, social distancing and spraying things down to sterilize the place. It ain’t perfect, but it is more than most bars do.

We still have a few people who claim that all the hype around the Coronavirus is a hoax[1] and all the masks, business shut downs and social distancing is unnecessary. At the same time hospitals, in California, are turning away patients from such things as car accidents and heart attacks. I’ve never seen anything like this in my life time. It would be fine with me if it never happens again as long as I live. And I mean I hope we have no more of these pandemics. In the short run I hope to avoid heart attacks and car accidents. This is a bad time to need to be hospitalized or taken some where by ambulance. I’m 65 years old, with diabetes. I have trouble breathing due to bad congestion. My chances of surviving this disease are not all that good. This virus is a major event in this century and it will go down in history as such. This has been a difficult year (2020) and for the next few months it will be just as difficult. By next year this may be over. In the mean time, those of us who are still acting sane need to hang on and wait it out.



Pix from coronavirus | Definition, Features, & Examples | Britannica


[1] Media personality Claudia Stauberd and Alex Jones of Infowars are examples of right-wing conspiracy fools who rail against all the safety precautions taken by our government to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.

 

No comments: