Sunday, September 23, 2018

Estes just wants insurance companies to profit off of the sick and dying



I have sent this letter to the editor of The Wichita Eagle. I hope they publish it, but if they don't, readers can see it here. This is a rebuttal to the ridiculous article our own Representative of the 4th district, Ron Estes, the "What?! Me work?" kid, wrote and  published in The Wichita Eagle.[1]
He is President Donald Trump's personal punk.

By SJ Otto
Ron Estes took the time from his busy schedule of doing nothing to support the Republican position of making sure that some corporations can go on profiting from the sickness of their fellow Americans. That's right, to profit off of us, when many of us need health care. That seems to be where Estes' heart is.
 Estes is a follower of his president and leader, Donald Trump, who ended health care for millions of people, while promising the Republicans can come up with a better plan to insure us rather than Obamacare. Trump lied and went  back to what the Republicans always dothey kill any chance of providing health care to poor people in order to protect the corporations who profit off of the sick and dying.
This is not just a case of a bad policy. It is not some side issue. It is an outrage. Every other industrial country in the world manages to provide health care to all their citizens, either for free or very little money. This is the richest country in the world and it allows its poor citizens to die from lack of health care. In Cuba, where they have all those human rights abuses, the one right they do respect is the right of their citizens to go to a doctor when they are sick. Healthcare there is free. I for one am sick and tired of living in a country where I can't always go to the doctor when I'm sick. I'm 63 (remember how this is the very group of people Trump put most in danger when he destroyed Obamacare?). I never got sick when I was in my 20s and 30s. By my 50s I got sick a lot. I had hepatitis C and for a long time there was no cure that worked. I had insurance through my wife back then. She is now retired and I have a really bad Obamacare insurance policy that only covers me when I get some catastrophic illness. If I live to be 65 I can get Medicare. But if I get some strange illness and it doesn't get detected in time, before that age, I will die early. Republicans blather on and on about unborn babies being sacred human life, but when that life reaches 60they just don't care.
I had a friend who, at the age of 61, got an infection. He went to a doctor but couldn't afford all the medicines prescribed to him. He avoided getting an operation he needed until it was too late. He died in the hospital. I'm convinced he would be alive today if he lived in any other industrialized country. America killed him.
As for all those facts and figures that Estes threatened against us if we have Medicare expansion, this is the same man who did nothing to win his first election, accept to run Misleading ads against his opponent. Estes lacks any real credibility. His real concern is the life of the insurance companies who will go out of business if they can't profit off of sick people. Obamacare's main problem is that it also tried too hard to save the insurance companies. But as people in other countries have learned, we just don't need them. It is way past time to solve the problem of health care in America and we need to do that without the help of politicians such as Estes.

He and Trump don't drain the swampthey are filling it up. 
Pix by I Agree to See.





[1] For some reason The Wichita Eagle, at this time, has not posted this article on line: Ron Estes, "Medicare for all means security for none," The Wichita Eagle, September 23, 2018, page 19A.

No comments: