Thursday, February 11, 2016

I am a Muslim American- denounce Trump


I just recently received this letter:
-SJ Otto

I am a Muslim American.

A few months ago, Donald Trump announced his intention to ban Muslims from entering the United States.

Following Trump's historic win in the Republican New Hampshire primary on Tuesday, his intention to ban Muslims also took a step closer to reality.

Trump's prejudice is representative of a dangerous sentiment in the Republican Party, echoed by other Presidential candidates and adopted by party rank and file. It's a sentiment filled with hate, anger and racism.

I am the son of Indian immigrants. Hardworking parents that came to this country for a better life. Through their hard work, they provided me opportunities that they only dreamed of.

This is the promise of America, and this is the promise we must keep alive for future generations of all faiths.

Can you join me in denouncing Trump’s racism?

We are a country of different faiths, bound by a belief that our differences only make us stronger -- and that together, we can build a better America.

I'm asking you for your help, not as a Muslim -- but as a son, a husband, and as an American.

Let’s denounce Trump, together.


Mansoor Khadir
DCCC Northeast Field Director

No comments: