Saturday, August 31, 2019

Here are a few pictures from my trip to Cuba

Here are some pictures I took on my trip to Cuba, this summer, and explanations for\ them. 

They had several wall plaques along a stretch of the Cuban beach. They have these concrete triangles and each triangle had several plaques of heroes. There were the classics, such as V.I. Lenin and Karl Marx. There were some interesting names, such as the Haymarket Martyrs' from Chicago, which included August SpiesAdolph FischerGeorge EngelLouis Lingg, and Albert Parsons. They had a plague of Salvador Allende, former Marxist president of Chile. They had their on national heroes such as Che Guevara, Fidel Castro and José Martí.
In Cuba they have a lot of monuments to the leaders of the revolution, including Che Guevara and  José Martí.

Then there were these really cool lizards whose pix I took. One looks like an anole the other looks like a really young gecko.


This tree frog, after I took his picture, jumped on my table and then he jumped into my hair. When I thought about it, the little guy looks a lot like us, he is covered in skin, like us, he has long fingers, like us, his back legs are longer than his front legs, like us. But the one thing different is that he has no hair on his head. So it is completely logical that he jumped on our heads to see what hair is really like. 
There are a few more of these to come. -Pix and writing by SJ Otto

No comments: