Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Of course it is OK to hate the Republican Party –Part 1


Kanye West sucks!



By SJ Otto
I used to like Kanye West. It seemed like he tried to make music and lyrics that had something to say. I never actually bought any of his albums and I never will—now that he is publically supporting President Donald Trump—probably one of the worst presidents this country has ever had and will ever have. Not that the Republicans haven’t tried hard in the past. Richard Nixon killed millions in Vietnam; Ronald Reagan conned the working class into accepting one of the lowest standards of living they ever experienced; and there was President George W. Bush, the brain dead idiot who got us into unnecessary wars.
I call this new series; “Why I hate the Republican Party.”
I despise the Republicans on a personal level. Donald Trump gets elected and one of the first things he does is try to destroy health care for millions of Americans. That affected me personally. And state level Republicans have also messed with my health care to the point that I have only catastrophic health care and it is real expensive and almost worthless. Kansans are among the most ripped off people when it comes to Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) and I learned all of that from the health care representative I went through to get my present health insurance. I live in one of the worst states for Obamacare and I live in the only industrialized country in which the government doesn’t care about the health of its less wealthy citizens. I got to thank the Republicans, although there are some Democrats who are no better.
I have argued with a lot Marxist and other leftists on a variety of Facebook sites, where they have argued against the Democratic Party to the point I believe they hate the Democrats more than the Republicans. I would leave statements about the Republican Party and I would get statements back such as “The Democrats do that also” or “The Democrats are just as bad.” I do agree with many of the comments about the Democrats, at least the so called “mainstream Democrats.” But I firmly believe that the Republicans are noticeably worse. And I say that because what they do affects me personally.
I see Trump fans writing into The Wichita Eagle, such as:

There is something for everybody on that impressive list, so please look it over and register to vote by Oct. 16, for those candidates who need to go to Congress and give support to President Trump's agenda, which is really a pro-United-States-of-America agenda.” –by Carolyn Simms


People like her just ignore the fact that many of us won’t live long enough to enjoy all of those benefits on that “impressive list.” Supposedly, as I read from other supporters of Trump, the economy is doing well, so just ignore the fact that poor people die early due to a lack of health care. Trump has trashed the environment with a passion. He operates as if he hates poor people. He shifted the tax burden on the poor, when he gave out that impressive tax cut that mostly went to rich people. He trashed the agency that was planning to go after predatory lenders, some of which are charging poor folks 900 percent interest. It is mostly poor people who use their car ownership to obtain loans that are nearly impossible to pay back and they saddle those poor folks with a lifetime of debt. Trump is defending these lenders. I could go on and on with examples of Trump’s hatred of both poor people and the environment. The saddest thing I note is that many middle class people and some poor folks actually support this enemy of the working class. One person I read about actually praised Trump as the greatest president we ever had.
Then we have such ass hole celebrities as Kanye West, Roseanne Barr and Kid Rock, all support this guy. We definitely don’t want to support these people in anyway. Don’t buy their albums, don’t watch them on TV, don’t give them anything. The Republicans are enemies of the working people and poor people. We need to fight back.
This is just the first part in this series, “Why I hate the Republican Party.”

What ass holes!

Pix by TooFab.

No comments: