Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Jamie Lee Curtis campaigns for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people

I just received this message from Jamie Lee Curtis, as part of a human rights campaign. -SJ Otto
From Jamie Lee Curtis:
I know a thing or two about on-screen horror. From Halloween to Scream Queens, I've been in some truly scary situations.
But, you know what really horrifies me?

The very real discrimination and even violence occurring every single day to LGBT people. In our country, and around the world, everyone should be treated equally, and be protected from discrimination.
I was shocked at the setback in Houston recently where non-discrimination protections were revoked after a campaign of lies and attacks against the transgender community. It's proof that bigotry still exists, and that we have a lot more work to do.
That's why I've renewed my HRC membership for 2016 (see my picture – I already got my membership card!). And, I urge you to join me – give to HRC today.
Supporting the Human Rights Campaign is one of the best ways I know to support LGBT rights. HRC has a track record of success and is poised to achieve more victories in 2016. I am proud to be a card-carrying HRC member!
So, if you're like me – horrified that LGBT people are denied their most basic rights – then do something about it. Make a gift to HRC today – help us reach HRC's year-end goal, and feel good that you're playing your part in this critical fight.

Together, we're poised to change more hearts and minds in 2016. Always remember – your membership matters!

No comments: